Teasing isn’t always the best idea
Adding volume to hair without teasing is tough, but when you have fine hair teasing isn’t always the best idea.
You can quite often see the teasing through the hair style. Not a very good look. As you can see from the picture above this gives you a matted frizzy look.
Adding volume to hair without teasing is a better for a couple reasons. Teasing hair can be hard on hair. It can be damaging to fine fragile hair.
If hair is healthy, back combing can just slide right out of the hair, ending up useless.
Here are 6 ways of adding volume to hair without teasing.
- Use a volumizing shampoo. There are a lot of really great volumizing shampoo’s gentle and safe enough for fine, fragile hair. It might take a while to find the right one, don’t give up… If you are buying a professional shampoo, often the salon will back up the product, if it doesn’t work out for you, they will let you return it and try something else.
- Dry shampoo is a really good option for second day hair, or if you just want to add a little texture to your hair on same day. It will lift the root area and give you extra lift. Again, it might take a few tries to get the right one. They are all so different.
- Root lifter can add volume to fine hair. Spray at the root, use a blow dryer and round brush to get volume. Work in sections so you don’t get the brush stuck in hair.
- Blow dry your hair upside down while rough drying. Rough drying the hair really creates a lot of volume, rubbing the scalp and drying will lift the hair off the scalp and create volume.
- Velcro rollers add volume and put lift into your hair at the scalp. Place rollers in dry hair, make sure all the ends are wound around the roller and smooth. Spray with a small amount of light holding hair spray, let dry, take out the rollers. Smooth hair into place and use a finishing spray. This should hold all night.
- Use a light mist hair spray and spray the roots while holding hair up in sections. Then place hairspray bottle under hair while wrapping hair around the bottle, keep here until spray dries. This gives great lift.
These are just a few tips on things we do in the salon all the time to get a little extra lift for the fine hair clients that come in. You can back comb fine hair but it can be tricky. For more tips on back combing fine hair Click Here.
Here is a video I thought did a pretty good job of showing how to get volume into fine hair.